Friday, August 14, 2009

What do you think?

Wow it's been a while since I posted anything! Probably because it's been a crazy month! I flew home from Dallas on the 5th (in case some of you didn't know, we moved to Dallas at the beginning of July cuz sales were not good in New Jersey). However, for some reason, sales were not good in Dallas either. I flew home early because I had a wedding video job that weekend and also, one of my best friends was getting married.
Spencer was planning on staying in Dallas until school started on the 24th. But since sales were not going very well, we decided that it would be better for our family if Spencer left early and got a full time job in Logan before all the other college kids come back and there would be more competition for jobs up here.
So the day after I flew home, Spencer packed everyting up and drove home. Poor thing! He drove all 20 hours by himself. He only stopped for a couple hours to sleep in a parking lot in Parachute, Colorado. I told him that's how people get murdered by truck drivers, but he was adimate that he didn't want to spend $50 to stay for a few hours in a hotel.
Since we've been home, we've been busy moving into our apartment and looking for jobs. Luckily, the job search has gone pretty well and we've been able to spend some time playing, too! we've been able to spend a lot of time with my sister and brother-in-law, Alyson and Andy. And Andy even took Spencer out wake boarding the other day. I think Spencer is enjoying having a little bit of the summer left, since he's missed that last two and half summers!
Great news! Spencer got a grant from the government for his tuition! So all we had to pay was $90. And it will be the same next semester! This is a huge blessing!
Also, we both got full-time jobs! Spencer is going to be managing a cash loan store, and I'll working at Qwest. We are both so excited that we were able to get jobs up here only after looking for less than a week. We were nervous because some of our friends said that there were no jobs up here.
Also a plus... my job has benefits! I'm sure how it will all go down with the pregnancy, or what exactly will be covered. But it just gives us so much more peace of mind. We're also waiting to hear back from the medicaid people. Just in case my work won't cover my pregnancy because it was a pre-existing condition when I started working.
The lord is definately blessing us right now!
I thought that I would be able to get my sonogram by the end of this month to see if it will be a boy or a girl. But since we just got into town and I've never seen this doctor before, I have to wait a little longer to find out :(
So I thought it wold be fun to do a little poll....
What do you think it will be?
Write a comment to tell me what you think!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the jobs!!! I think you are having a boy! :) Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so weird...I made a comment last night on your blog and it didn't show up. But I say it's a girl :) Also, I wanted you to ask your friends the Larsen Family how they got their blog to private? I know how to set it to private but they still have a picture up and their email so people can still email them to be invited. Will you ask them for me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....our vote is girl. Thanks for taking care of 2010. Now the pressure is off of the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome things are turning up for you guys. I wish that you would have started at qwest before I went on maternity leave! It would be fun to work with you! Who is your trainer? I think you will like it, it is a good place to be as long as you jump through the hoops. You have such a cute personality, you will do great! I think you guys will have a girl. So happy to have you guys back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so happy you guys are back! Life is funny how everything just falls into place when you're living your life the right way! The surely can bless! Whit and I have found this out first hand. Anyways, I think you will have a girl.... But either way your child will be beatitul

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are doing so well right now! Let us know how the baby is doing..do you know what you're having???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just found your blog! You guys are darling, and I'm so exicted for you guys and your baby! That's great!

    ReplyDelete