Monday, August 23, 2010

Cake Decorating

On Saturday one of the girls in our ward had her mom come and do cake decorating for enrichment. It was way fun! The pic below is the cake I did at enrichment and the one above I did at home. I had to practice my new skills :) I still need to work on getting the icing smooth, but my favorite part is the decorating so I end up concentrating mostly on that. So now I can do cute cakes for birthdays and stuff, which I am excited about!

Here's a recent pic of Scarlette. She has 2 teeth now! (and she's not really cross eye'd. She must have been looking at something in the corner during this picture or something...)





Spencer and Scarlette at the fair. If you've never tried fried oreos, we highly recommend it!


Our ward did a camp out and since Spencer had to work the next morning, we didn't stay the night. So we decided to head up to the camp early with some other people in our ward. Since we were the first to head up, we got to be one of the luck ones to carry a canoe on our car. The road to the camp site was a bumpy gravel road that was all up-hill. So we had to drive 10 miles an hour and stop every 5 minutes to re-adjust the canoe. Plus the roof of our car got scratched :( But the campout was still fun!
















3 comments:

  1. Those cakes look amazing! Little Scarlette is adorable, and I LOVE your stylin' short hair, sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable. We need to do a "Used to be Platinum" BBQ soon....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cakes!!! Is that tootsie roll that you used on the 2nd one??

    ReplyDelete