Monday, April 20, 2009

The Rachel Ray Show

Since we are moving to New Jersey for the summer, I've been trying to find some kind of cool job or internship that I could do. Then it hit me! I could be an intern on the Rachel Ray show! Most of you probably know that I got my degree in Broadcast Journalism and interned for Channel 2 in Salt Lake a couple of summers ago. So yesterday I sent Rachel's people an e-mail with a picture, resume, and links to some of the shows that I hosted and anchored for at Utah State. I also told them all the ideas that I had for my summer as their intern. ha ha! Basically I told them that I want to be Rachel's "out and about" intern, where I would be her corespondent out amongst the fans. ha ha! I'm waiting to hear back from them. However, if I get rejected or they never get back to me, I'm just going to keep e-mailing and contacting them until I finally get something. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Britt! This is me wishing you luck. Truly, I will keep my fingers crossed until you get here! I wish I had been more successful in finding out about summer employment opportunities, but I will still keep my ear to the ground. We have a whole two weeks or something, right? :) Sorry I haven't been more help - but maybe my help will come in the form of crossed fingers? And dinner when you get to town?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome would that be! Penny would be so proud! I'll be prayin for ya! : ) So we seriously MUST meet up in NY! Let's go hit up some broadway, etc. And totally call us when you head to DC! I love the summer "Sunday after church trips." ha ha! This great is so funny! Well I love ya tons girl! Good luck with everything and tell Ali congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love Rachel Ray! I'm sure you will hear something soon, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so awesome if you got something like that. You have to prefect personality for something such as that. Hope you get it. P.S. I'm sad you guys are moving and hope you guys move back into the ward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Britt!!! Any word from rachel ray??? that is so great that you are doing that!!! Hey post some pictures of your sisters wedding, and yours for that matter-- I wasn't able to make it to either and would love to see pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brit!! i'm so glad that i found your blog!!
    i hope you get it!! :)

    ReplyDelete