Friday, January 29, 2010

She's here!!!!!!!!

Our little girl was born yesterday at 1:56 pm. She was 9 lbs and 6 oz. Yeah, I know! The day before, I had a doctor's appointment and asked him how big he thought she was. He estimated about 7 1/2 or 8 lbs. Everyone was so surprised that she ended up being so big! But she has cute chubby cheeks and little rolls, so I love it!
Everything started out really well. We got to the hospital at 1 am. I was able to be up and about until I got the epidural. But it was nice cuz after the epidural I was able to get a little bit of sleep in since we got there in the middle of the night.
I was really nervous when it came time to push, but at that point, there was no backing out! The doctors and nurses kept commenting that everything was going so well and so smoothly. However, as she was being delivered, she kind of got stuck. They didn't expect her to be so big so they were having trouble getting her head and shoulders out. They tried turning her but then they realized that the cord was wrapped around her. Luckily, I was able to push her out quickly. They had to take her to the NICU and give her oxygen for a while.
I was a little worried for a while, but she is doing great now! We haven't settled on a name yet. But we'll keep you posted!





16 comments:

  1. Britt!!
    She is gorgeous! I can't believe you little body coudl hold such a big baby and it was no wonder that she was stuck! She is adorbale I love the cheeks!
    I can't wait to hear her name!
    Collette

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!! YAY!!!!! You did awesome!! Cannon was 22inches but only 7lbs 14oz and that was freaking hard to push out. haha!!! GOOD JOB!!!! She is sooo beautiful, I can see both of you guys in her. Good joB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job guys! She is beautiful! Chubby babies are so fun to snuggle and kiss on. Glad everything went smoothly especially for having a little scare. Can't wait to meet her in July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her!!! She is adorable! Way to go you two!! good job britt! can't wait to meet her! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She is beautiful, she makes me want a girl. I am so glad everything worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! My dream is to have a FAT FAT BABY!! So I am jealous!! Rolls and Chubs are the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! How fun to finally have her! Let us know when we can bring you dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I want to kiss those HUGE cheeks! I cant believe how much she looks like you...especially when you were little! Feel free to call me anytime! Love you! By the way, I set my blog to private so send me your email and I'll invite you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful Brit! She looks just like you! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Britt and Spencer!! She is GORGEOUS! It only gets better from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, she is adorable. Let us know if you guys need anything, we are always around. Too bad the Relief Society exercise activity didn't help put you into labor sooner:( Good luck on the name part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!! I am glad that you have her now to enjoy! Just make sure to get rest whenever the chance arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's soo cute!!! I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats you guys! She is so so gorgeous, just like her mommmy! Hope you both are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! She is beautiful. I can't wait to hear what you guys name her. Let us know if we can bring you dinner or anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! Congratulations you two!! She is honestly one of the cutest babies I have EVER seen!! And I can't believe you got pix up so fast- you are wonder woman!! I miss you two! Can't wait to see you and the new arrival!!

    ReplyDelete